PARTNER VISA APPLICATION ONSHORE – SUBCLASS 820 AND 801
YOU MUST BE THE SPOUSE (MARRIED) OR DE FACTO PARTNER OF AN:
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident or
- Eligible New Zealand citizen
Partner Visa Temporary (Subclass 820)
This visa is the first stage to obtaining a subclass 801 permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). The temporary Partner Visa (subclass 820) will allow you to:
- Live, work and study in Australia while department processes your Permanent Partner Visa
Two years after your subclass 820 is lodged if the relationship still exists you will be invited to apply for your Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).
The Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) will allow you to:
- Live, work and study in Australia indefinitely.
- Apply for Australian citizenship once you are eligible
PARTNER VISA APPLICATION OFFSHORE – SUBCLASS 309 AND 100
Partner Visa Temporary (Subclass 309)
Getting this visa is the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).
The temporary Partner Visa (subclass 309) will allow you to:
- live, work and study in Australia while we process your permanent partner migration visa (subclass 100)
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want.
Usually, 2 years must have passed since you applied for the combined 309 and 100 visas for you to be assessed for the permanent visa.
Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100)
- live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)